- Keeping the Memory Alive: Genealogists for Families is a story about family history, good deeds and continuing the work of our loved ones via Kiva. Be sure to read the comments.
- Generous Genealogists: Quoting from the article Generous Genealogists: 'It would be lovely if this team could grow to include genealogists from around the world and to become a family tradition for all of our families.' Again, be sure to read the comments.
- Free Ancestry searches: From 1st-15th Oct 2011, a different collection will become available for free each day, and remain free until 15th October. The collections are for Australia (electoral rolls), England and Wales (1901 census and 1916-2005 birth index), Ireland (Griffith’s Valuation), USA, Canada, Germany and Sweden. For full details see Ancestry's blog.
- Multiple searches: Audrey Collins explains why you must use all versions of what appears to be the same index or database.
- Timelines: To understand your family history in the context of local, national or world events, use timelines such as those at Timelines of History (recommended by Joan Miller).
- Queensland news is in today's edition of Queensland Genealogy.
- Interesting reading: Britain's first Railwaywomen.
- Other tips are on my Twitter page.
3 October 2011
Links open in new windows so you won't lose your place on this page.
© Copyright, Judy Webster